Statutory Requirements

Energy Performance Certificate

As part of government legislation, it is now necessary to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) before you place your property on the market for letting purposes. They last for ten years and detail the emissions and energy efficiency of your home for the prospective tenant.

Landlord Gas Safety Certificate

Gas safety has been a legal requirement for some years now and must be conducted by a Gas Safe registered engineer every year. We are unable to start a tenancy without it.

This should not be confused with an annual gas check, as a landlord’s gas safety check provides a specific certificate for this purpose.

Deposit Protection Scheme

It now has become government legislation to ensure that all deposits held by Estate Agents or Landlords have to be registered with a government approved scheme.

Robert Vincent work with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) offering this statutory protection for landlord and tenant. In addition, they offer an impartial service post tenancy in the event of any dispute. Robert Vincent not charge either the landlord or tenant for this service.