Letting Your Property


Here at Robert Vincent Estate Agents we pride ourselves on offering a professional and efficient service for our landlords. With over 40 years in the lettings business, we understand the needs of our landlords and have a presence on the best property portals to ensure that we find tenants for their properties quickly.


With extensive tenant referencing we ensure only the best tenants for our landlords, and offer a variety of services to meet our landlords, from Introduction Only where we just source a tenant for their property, to our Fully Managed service that will allow you to sit back and relax while we handle any issues that may arise at the property throughout the course of the letting.


We have a dedicated team of available to keep you up to date with the whole rental process and to answer any enquiries you may have. Our business is built on customer satisfaction and we will handle the rental of your property as if it was one of our own.


Why Choose Robert Vincent?

We at Robert Vincent pride ourselves in dedicating our efforts in assisting you maintain and protect your property investment and work tirelessly in achieving your goal with your most valuable asset.


You will find us to be professional, hard working and we consider clear, honest and regular communication forms the basis to a successful From the moment you entrust us in renting your property we will manage the whole process starting from viewings, negotiating on your behalf and will continue to manage the property throughout our relationship.


Being a local, family run estate agents this allows us to be as flexible as you need us to be in order to make this transition in your life as stress-free and simple as we possibly can make it.


Statutory Requirements

Electrical Regulations


With effect from 1 April 2021 landlords in England must comply with the following (taken from the  government guidance):

  • Ensure national standards for electrical safety are met. These are set out in the  18th edition of the ‘Wiring Regulations’, which are published as British Standard 7671.
  • Ensure the electrical installations in their rented properties are inspected and tested by a qualified and competent person at least every 5 years.
  • Obtain a report from the person conducting the inspection and test which gives the results and sets a date for the next inspection and test.
  • Supply a copy of this report to the existing tenant within 28 days of the inspection and test.
  • Supply a copy of this report to a new tenant before they occupy the premises.
  • Supply a copy of this report to any prospective tenant within 28 days of receiving a request for the report.
  • Supply the local authority with a copy of this report within 7 days of receiving a request for a copy.
  • Retain a copy of the report to give to the inspector and tester who will undertake the next inspection and test.
  • Where the report shows that remedial or further investigative work is necessary, complete this work within 28 days or any shorter period if specified as necessary in the report.
  • Supply written confirmation of the completion of the remedial works from the electrician to the tenant and the local authority within 28 days of completion of the works.

These Regulations apply from 1 July 2020 to new tenancies granted from 1 June 2020 and to existing tenancies from 1 April 2021.


Energy Performance Certificate


As part of government legislation, it is now necessary to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) before you place your property on the market for letting purposes. They last for ten years and detail the emissions and energy efficiency of your home for the prospective tenant.


Landlord Gas Safety Certificate


Gas safety has been a legal requirement for some years now and must be conducted by a Gas Safe registered engineer every year. We are unable to start a tenancy without it.


This should not be confused with an annual gas check, as a landlord’s gas safety check provides a specific certificate for this purpose.


Deposit Protection Scheme


It now has become government legislation to ensure that all deposits held by Estate Agents or Landlords have to be registered with a government approved scheme.


Robert Vincent work with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) offering this statutory protection for landlords and tenants. In addition, they offer an impartial service post tenancy in the event of any dispute. Robert Vincent do not charge either the landlord or tenant for this service.


To find out more please contact us today, or why not request a free, no obligation, valuation of your property.